Home » » Chorizo Mexican Rice

Chorizo Mexican Rice


I'm sure I've mentioned quite a few times before that my husband feels like he had a complete meal if rice is involved. Given this, I made sure to make some rice to pair with our Mexican pulled pork (carnitas) dinner. There are a few versions of Mexican rice in my blog but the easiest is one that takes me back to my favorite preparation of rice - fried rice!

I could eat fried rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner without any complaints... that goes for my husband too. So in preparing my Chorizo Mexican Rice, I treated it as my usual preparation for fried rice with the addition of chorizo and chopped bell peppers for color.

Chorizo Mexican Rice
original Joelen recipe

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 large link of chorizo
3 cups cold cooked rice
salt to taste
1 cup finely diced bell pepper (use colors of your choice)
chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)


Saute garlic and onion in oil over medium heat in a large saute pan until golden brown and fragrant.

Add the chorizo by removing the casing and crumbling the sausage into the sauteed garlic and onion. Stir the chorizo to cook thoroughly.

Add the bell peppers to the pan and saute until slightly softened.

Add the cold rice by crumbling it into the pan and stir until rice is hot, about 5-7 minutes.

Season with onion powder, garlic powder and salt to taste.

Just before serving, add chopped cilantro as garnish (if desired).

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger