Home » » Caramelized Plantains

Caramelized Plantains

I made the following recipe using this random plantain I had on hand. It was given to me by my mother in law to try caramelizing it while it was still green. However, I let it sit a little too long that it ripened up and needed to be used quickly. So I continued the plan to caramelized it (since my mom made the dish using only ripened plantains) and it was perfectly sweet. I still have yet to try caramelizing green plantains using the same recipe... so if you do try it, please let me know what you think!


Caramelized Plantains
recipe I learned from my mom & mother in law

1-2 ripened plantains (skin will be dark and black)... or you can use green plantains
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar



Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Peel and cut you plantains on a bias and place in a bowl. Add the melted butter and brown sugar to the bowl and toss to coat the plantains. Transfer the coated plantains to a baking sheet (which you may want to line with foil.)

Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until it turns slighty browned and sugar has caramelized. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger