Home » , » Royal Foodie Joust

Royal Foodie Joust

One of the best tasting tarts I have ever made!!!

This has been a pretty challenging month for me cooking wise! I have my 2 girls home from school for the summer and it has really changed the way that I do things. I tried doing my Royal Foodie Joust entry a week or so ago and screwed it up something terrible. Since then I have tossed around numerous ideas. The ingredients this month, apricots, ginger and butter, were so good I was even tossing around doing a savory dish! Thanks for the ingredients Erin!!!

But because of time constraints and my constant company (that seems to need constant enertaining???) I decided to perfect the tart that I had messed up so bad last week. I think I did it!!!

This is the same tart recipe that I got from Nikki of the Canary Girl. Since then though I have modified it til it is almost unrecognizable! It is truly one of the most versatile tart recipes I have ever used. It is fast and simple and a great way to use up that over ripe fruit!

The apricot/ginger combo was great!!!

Apricot Ginger Tart

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
juice of 2 lemons (around 1/2 cup)
1/2 inch piece of ginger peeled and minced
5 apricots peeled and sliced (place in boiling water and then ice water to help peel them easier)

Preparation:

Preheat your oven to 300ºF/150ºC.
Add the flours, powdered sugar and butter to your food processor and pulse until it comes together in a dough.
Press the dough into a tart pan, using your hands and fingers to spread the dough evenly.
Par bake the dough about 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Raise oven temperature to 350ºF/175ºC.
While cooling, combine the filling ingredients.
Beat eggs first, then add remaining ingredients, except the apricots, whisking well to combine.
Pour filling into tart shell, and then arrange the apricot slices in filling.
Bake about 25 minutes, or until set.
Garnish with powdered sugar if desired.

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger