Home » » Garlicky Buttered Rolls

Garlicky Buttered Rolls

If there's one ingredient I cannot live without, it's garlic. And if you love garlic as much as I do, you might want to try these Garlicky Buttered Rolls. As much as I would have wanted to make my rolls from scratch, the holidays really suck up a lot of my free time... and I'm sure I'm not the only one! So these rolls are all about shortcuts and convenience but at the same time, are full of flavor. Lots of garlicky, buttery flavor...

This recipe came about in the grocery store. My mother in law and I were shopping for our Christmas menu when she asked if I could make garlic rolls similar to a local restaurant we went to years ago. The garlic rolls were ridiculously buttery with pieces of garlic and minced parsley. So when I thought about those rolls, I figured I 'd wing it and pick up a few ingredients to recreate it at home.

So in the name of convenience and because we were already at the store, I purchased a package of brown & serve dinner rolls, unsalted butter, a bulb of fresh garlic, and a bunch of flat leaf parsley. I made a paste with the ingredients that I brushed on the tops of the bread before they were baked. After baking, I brushed the tops again just before serving. The result? Ah-mazing... and so easy. It was such a hit that I've made it for the family twice during the week after Christmas. Perhaps when I have more time, I'll make this again with from scratch bread rolls...


Garlicky Buttered Rolls
original Joelen recipe


1 package Brown & Serve dinner rolls
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place dinner rolls on a baking sheet and set aside.

In a small food processor, add the parsley and garlic. Pulse until finely minced together. Transfer this mixture to a medium bowl and add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and melted butter. Stir and set aside.

With a pastry brush, brush the tops of the dinner rolls with the garlic & herb butter. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes and remove from oven. Just before serving, brush the tops of the dinner rolls again with the garlic & herb butter.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger