Home » » A Weekly Serving - 1/01/2011

A Weekly Serving - 1/01/2011

Happy New Year to you! Normally this is my usual weekend post done on Saturday, but because it fell on New Year's Day, it's better to be late than never! I hope you had a wonderful New Year's weekend and are looking forward to what 2011 brings. Here's a recap of how I ended the year on my blog...


Here's what I cooked up in the kitchen this past week...



Here are the recipe collections I've posted this past week...





Some recipes that caught my eye and I bookmarked, which I hope to try out soon!...

Quintuple Chocolate Brownies (Bridget @ The Way the Cookie Crumbles) - Now this is what any true chocoholic must make!

Ginger Garlic & Scallion Shrimp (Home Cook @ A Taste of Home Cooking) - You really can't go wrong with the combination of ginger, garlic and scallion...

Chocolate Brownie Biscotti (Maryanna @ Taste & See) - Again, this chocolate recipe caught my eye. I think chocolate is my craving for the week lol.


Artichoke Pesto (Shawnda @ Confections of a Foodie Bride) - I love the idea of using artichoke to make pesto and Shawnda shows how versatile it is too!

Proscuitto Rolls (Erin @ The Sensitive Epicure) -
These look elegant and perfect for any gathering (or just as a snack for myself)...


My weekly musings on Family, Food and Fun...

Family -
To ring in the new year, my parents hosted a New Year's Eve dinner... which eventually led to a whole New Year's Eve weekend. My husband's side and our family drove up to the suburbs at my parent's home on Friday (NYE) and we planned on spending just one night. However, it was just so much fun and relaxing that we ended up staying through Sunday morning. I wouldn't have wanted to start the new year any other way... and it was just a wonderful feeling to have both my husband's and my family together for the new year. Even more exciting was that it was Joel's very first New Year's Eve! He got all decked out for the special occassion and knocked out shortly after midnight...


Food/Restaurant News - This past week I was away from the restaurant so my partners and I could take time off to spend the holidays with our families. We have a huge week ahead with a lot of work to do in the restaurant though. Aside from some renovations and physical updates, we're continuing with our cooking and tweaking of recipes from our menu. In the restaurant, we have to approach the recipes in a much more scientific manner so that every single time we prepare a dish, we're consistent. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a lab rather than a kitchen... which makes me miss cooking and baking for leisure at home. I really hope for the new year I don't give up cooking for leisure like many professional chefs I know. What helps is that in the restaurant I'm focused on a specific cuisine and recipes... so hopefully I'll have enough cooking and baking mojo to prepare non-Filipino dishes on my days off. I guess we'll have to see how long it will take me to avoid my home kitchen after cooking for hours on my feet at the restaurant.

Fun - On New Year Day, the guys stayed home in their pajamas while the gals got dressed and went shopping to take advantage of end of the year and holiday sales. We all scored on major deals and when we got home, it was like a second Christmas with all the things we bought for each other. Joel also reached his 34th week and was nothing but a smiling ball of giggles and lots babbling. This was one of the best weekends our families have had in a long time, made even more special since it was the perfect end to 2010 and perfect beginning to 2011. I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend and new, exciting opportunities come your day throughout this new year...
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger