Home » » A Weekly Serving - 1/08/2011

A Weekly Serving - 1/08/2011

We're all into the new year and for me, this past week flew right by! I've been working 10-12+ days at the restaurant all week so that left me little to no time in my home kitchen for leisurely cooking. However, I did manage to get some blog posts up to share. Here's what you may have missed...


Here's what I cooked up in the kitchen this past week...



Here are the recipe collections I've posted this past week...




Some recipes that caught my eye and I bookmarked, which I hope to try out soon!...

Peanut Butter & Honey Popcorn (@ The Cooking Nurse) - Popcorn is one of those snacks that are easy to flavor. This flavor of peanut butter and honey popcorn sounds like a perfect snack to enjoy during a movie night with the family!

Nutella Cookies (Peabody @ Culinary Concoctions by Peabody) - If Nutella is involved, it's got to be good, right?!

Cherry Cordial M&M Cookies (Kelly @ The Pink Apron) - I noticed this M&M flavor at the store the other day... and these would make for a nice treat around Valentines Day...

Asiago & Herb Garlic Bread (EJacks @ Simply Satisfying) - Homemade bread is one of those things I enjoy making, especially during the winter months. The asiago, herb and garlic combo sounds fantastic!


Braciole: Italian Style Rolled Flank Steak (Lisa @ Lime in the Coconut) - Flank steak is one of my favorite cuts of beef so I'm always looking for a good recipe using this specific cut...


My weekly musings on Family, Food and Fun...

Family -
I missed my family a lot this week.  I worked nearly 60 hours in 5 days so I didn't get as much snuggle time with my favorite boys. However, they did come by and join me for lunch on Friday. Joel's doing great and is starting to clap his hands on his own. Still a wiggle worm, he's also working on his crawling and pulling himself up. Thankfully, we have the whole weekend together to hang out and relax. Joel turned the big 8 months today (aka 35 weeks old) and I still am amazed at how quickly he's growing.



Food/Restaurant News - This past week was all about nailing down our recipes for all our menu items. We tweaked them all a bit and finally got them to exactly what we wanted in terms of flavor. All our dishes came out spot on and definitely exceeded our expectations - we had an *awesome* week in the kitchen! We also did a lot of physical work on our restaurant. The walls were painted, new lighting has been installed, new awnings have been ordered, new kitchen equipment is being delivered, etc. There's so much involved but we are right on target. This upcoming week is also going to be super busy with a lot of other logistics on top of what we'll be doing in the kitchen. Our soft opening is definitely coming up soon - Monday, January 17th to be exact. So stay tuned... next week we'll be posting pics of our menu items on our Facebook page!

Fun - My job is fun... more fun that I could ever have imagined. A lot of it is because of the 2 guys I work with, Ron & Ray. The three of us make a great team and that definitely makes a difference. But aside from the fun I have working at the restaurant, this week's fun was just spending time with the family and friends. We had lunch with our close friends, Megan, Matt and their son Will this afternoon. It's always great to spend time with them and catch up on things. Aside from that, we're starting to look for a new place in the city to settle in. The suburbs are just too far for us and hopefully we'll find a place that meets our needs. Louis really enjoys Chicago real estate so he's taking the lead on finding a place for us. Oh, and if you have a Wii, I highly recommend the Michael Jackson: The Experience game. My family and inlaws have made it a competition game we all really get into. :)

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and have a great week ahead!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger