Home » , , , , , » VEAL SCALLOPINI - Remembering Childhood

VEAL SCALLOPINI - Remembering Childhood

GUEST POST FOR LOVEFEAST TABLE

As each and every one of my gentle readers knows, writing is my passion and the writing for my blog is fueled by my life stories, memories, travels and the food that I have eaten – and cooked and baked – along the way. When my wonderful friends of LoveFeast Table, Kristin and Chris Ann, very kindly asked if I would write up a food-related memory for a guest post on their blog, I was both thrilled and honored. Honored that they enjoyed my blog and my writing enough to offer me this special place on their own blog, and thrilled because I love their blog and I think they are both wonderful, fun and generous people, two women that I do consider friends, and I was so happy to share their Table with them. And this story immediately popped right into my head. I didn’t really have to dig very deeply for a food-related childhood memory, and what a story!

Now food memories, one would think, especially written for a food blog, should be happy memories full of delicious meals, culinary discoveries and joyous, festive times. But, as I know so well, this is not always the case. Good food can make a good memory even better, but bad food can very well accentuate a bad experience, keeping it buried deep in the mind, the two ever related, coming back to haunt again and again.


Here is that story, that very special food-related memory. But don’t worry, it all ends well. Very well, I must say, with one fabulous recipe of my mom’s: her wonderful Veal Scallopini. Definitely a recipe to try!


Thank you, Kristen and Chris Ann for inviting me to your
LoveFeast Table!


VEAL SCALLOPINI – Remembering Childhood

It was just 3 or 4 days shy of my ninth birthday. I had dreamed of owning a “big bike”, moving from a kid’s small bicycle to an adult-sized beauty, just like the big kids, and here it was! My new bicycle, a beautiful deep blue, standing tall and proud in the garage just waiting for my birthday, a siren’s call to climb aboard and ride off into the sunset. Well, at least ride off in the sunshine to school.

But it was still a couple of days or so until my birthday and my mom said that as it was my birthday present I would just have to be patient and wait! No! Unfair! How could I possibly ride to school even one more day on my “kid’s” bike when this grown-up one was here, standing right in front of me, tempting me, practically mocking me? Well, I simply would not put up with it! Action was called for! So, the next day I got up, ate breakfast, got dressed and grabbed my books and went to my mom and proclaimed “I am taking my new bike to school!” Well, she put her foot down and said “No!” Well, no way was I riding the other bike to school so I simply refused to go. Period. Now, I had always been the “good girl”, the one who never missed a day of school, never cheated, never lied, never went against the rules. But here I was, faced with a dilemma, having to take what was practically a political, ideological stance and there was no way I was going to back down. I just would not go to school. But mom, ever pragmatic, stood her ground and told me, “You can make your own decision about school, but as far as I am concerned, you have gone to school, so outside you go. Where you spend your day is up to you but it won’t be in this house. And there is a perfectly good lunch waiting for you in the school cafeteria, so don’t think that you’ll be allowed in the house at noon for lunch!”

Mom

Hop on over to LoveFeast Table for the rest of this riveting story and a fantastic recipe…

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger