Home » , » What's a food blogger to do???....

What's a food blogger to do???....


What is a food blogger to do when they cannot write a post on any recipe of anything that they have cooked or baked in the last week? Maybe no longer call themselves a food blogger? Okay, maybe I am being a little bit hard on myself and it is the holiday season and all! Last night we had pizza and tonight it is Costco's Rotisserie Chicken. I almost can't wait to have another home cooked meal. I have a new recipe to try. It's Paula Deen's Baked Ham and Cheese Chicken. I can't wait to find the time to try this but alas it will have to wait as does everything else right now!

I have been so incredibly busy. The girls have their Holiday Shop at the school all this week and once again we are short volunteers so I was there all day Friday, Monday and Tuesday. My Mom just flew in for the holidays (Thank you Mom!) so I realized that I had really run out of time. I had not even started my shopping until today. I think though now I am under control. I got all of my cards sent off and all of the little things taken care of. I ordered our fresh Turkey to fry once again and my Honey baked Ham (The girl's school does a fund raiser every year so I almost have to have one and everyone does loves them!). I had also run out of clothes...my Mom is doing my laundry as I write this. Don't we just love our Moms!!!

For Christmas this year my sister and her husband ( and 2 dogs) are making the long journey from Toronto by car. They expect the trip to take them 2 days (stopping over night) but it will be so worth it. We have not all been together for Christmas in about 6 years. The girls don't know that they are coming so it will be a total surprise for them!

I have at least gotten my Christmas Scent Pot going. This is a tradition is our home and something that we have done every year for the last 15 years. It is simply a pot of water on the stove with slices of orange, lemon, and lime, a small handful of cloves, some star anise, allspice and cinnamon sticks. I keep this on simmer on my stove throughout the holidays. Everyone who walks into my house is treated the the wonderful smells of Christmas!

I hope your holiday preparations are well underway!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger