Home » » Plated Stories - An Interlude

Plated Stories - An Interlude

JUST A FEW ANNOUNCEMENTS

On the heels of a fabulous IACP conference, I just wanted to pause to make a few announcements. An interlude. Things happen that excite, things happen that make one glow with pride. Things happen that must be shared. My readers know that several things have been brewing, that I have been working hard on projects right and left. Now, not all have yet come to fruition, but it is time to share just a few before getting back to regularly scheduled blogging.


I am very, very excited to announce a new blog, a creative collaboration between myself and my talented friend Ilva Beretta – one, a writer who sees in words, the other, a photographer who sees in images. Plated Stories allows us to explore our creativity, find inspiration, express ourselves in a way that we normally may not; an artistic symbiosis, a professional partnership that now goes beyond our individual endeavors. We will choose a different theme each week, a simple idea, and she will style and shoot and I will write, each on her own, allowing the theme itself to inspire us separately and uniquely. Every Monday we will come together and post what we have done on Plated Stories, sure that there will indeed be a visual and a verbal story told. A simple concept, an exciting adventure that we invite you to accompany us on.

Our very first post is up – the theme is MILK. We are just starting this journey and are still trying to orient ourselves and read the map, but we know that Plated Stories will allow us to grow creatively and begin to explore and experiment more and more.



Just as I arrived in San Francisco, my first story was published on Leite’s Culinaria. I am thrilled to see my words appear on this tremendous and prestigious site and I thank David and Renee for everything! If you haven’t read it yet, How To Eat A Porcupine is a brief tale of a highly unusual Nigerian food adventure.



When it rains, it pours. While I was in San Francisco, I received an email asking me to participate in TED Weekends – a collaborative effort between TED Talks and Huffington Post. My piece titled Edible Americanness is my vision of how food and culture intertwine and how it lives in my own kitchen.




Many of my friends and readers have been urging me to write a book. Thanks to guidance, advice, encouragement and beyond from dear friend Nancie McDermott, Bill Leblond of Chronicle Books and one of my favorite writers, Kathleen Flinn, I just want to let you know I am now on my way.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger