Home » » Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry

Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for this new week ahead. Now that tax season is officially in that most of us have already filed our taxes by the deadline, I can't help but think of budget meals. A budget friendly meal I made recently is this Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry. This is a dish my mom made growing up and is considered a nostalgic favorite among me and my siblings. Ground beef is stir fried with shredded cabbage and a soy sauce based sauce before serving up over steamed rice. Easy, affordable and delicious...

What makes this a budget meal is that it uses affordable ingredients and stretches it out to feed plenty. Ground beef, half a head of cabbage {roughly 2-3 cups shredded} and some Asian pantry staples like soy sauce {or in my case, gluten free tamari}, oyster sauce and cornstarch are stir fried together. It comes together rather quickly so you can easily have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.

When I made this for The Baron and Joel, I was immediately taken back to my childhood. I even called my sister while we had dinner and she asked for a picture of our meal so she could live vicariously through it lol. I'm so glad that The Baron liked this dish... and he liked it so much that he had seconds! {Actually we all did lol!}

Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry
recipe adapted from my mom

1 tablespoon soy sauce or gf tamari
2 teaspoons {gf} oyster sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch

3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, smashed
1 1/2 pounds ground beef {80/20}

2-3 cups shredded regular cabbage


In a small bowl, combine together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and cornstarch; set aside.

Heat wok or large skillet over high heat and add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, swirling to coat. Add onion and garlic, cooking until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add ground beef, breaking it up in the wok. Cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes, then stir-fry until meat is browned and most of the rendered liquid is absorbed

Add the cabbage over the ground beef and let it steam undisturbed on top of the beef for about 2 minutes.

Stir soy mixture in the bowl and add to skillet. Stir-fry the cabbage, beef and soy mixture together until sauce is simmering and slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.

Serve over rice.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger