Home » » Italian Beef Sliders

Italian Beef Sliders

My life is pretty predictable these days. I'm usually either at work, daycare, or home during the week. If it's the weekend, throw in places like the grocery store and church. But despite being predictable, how is it that I feel like I don't have enough time to get everything I want done? That's when I look for meals that can be made in advance so I can at least have meals taken care of. These Italian Beef Sliders made for a great meal we had recently and saved me a lot of time. Slow cooked beef is sliced thin and left to simmer in a flavorful broth for hours, then stuffed into soft slider rolls and topped with cheese. If this doesn't make you hungry, at least think about how much time you'll save from slaving in the kitchen to make this!...


My slow cooker has gotten a lot of use lately because I just don't have the time to spend in the kitchen as much as I used to. I really liked that I could make this in advance and come home to dinner practically ready. Leftovers are great and with the Superbowl coming up, this would make for a great dish to serve up those hungry football fans!
Italian Beef Sliders
recipe adapted from Tidy Mom


Ingredients
  • 3 pounds rolled rump roast
  • 1 packet Lipton Dried Onion Soup Mix
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 cups water
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine the onion soup packet, spices and garlic with water in roasting pan.
  3. Add roast to pan and roll roast around in pan to cover with seasonings.
  4. Cover with lid or foil and bake for one hour.
  5. Remove roast from oven. Cool completely. Remove roast and juices from pan.
  6. Wrap roast in foil and pour juices into a container, place both in the refrigerator over night (or a minimum of several hours).
  7. The following day, remove roast from refrigerator and slice paper thin with a meat slicer or by hand. its important to slice the roast cold and firm.
  8. Place sliced meat in slow cooker.
  9. Pour juices over sliced meat and add another 2 cups of water.
  10. Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours.
  11. Serve warm in buns and with cheese if desired.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger