Home » » Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken

Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken

Chicken. With so many things to make with it, why do I often find myself pondering what to do with it? This is what crossed my mind when I had chicken breasts on hand and I just wasn't sure what to make. Thankfully, I can give my leftovers some credit. Upon opening up my fridge, I noticed I had just enough things to make a spinach artichoke filling and made this Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken. I thought I previously had a recipe for a spinach and artichoke filling for chicken on this blog, but I was mistaken. Instead, I had made this Spinach & Artichoke Topped Chicken awhile back. So using the recipe as a guide, I made a flavorful spinach and artichoke filling made with a blend of cheeses, rolled into a pounded chicken breast and baked until golden. The Baron enjoyed it and we thought the pairing of pasta alfredo with the dish complimented the chicken perfectly...
This dish reminded me of a chicken kiev because it came out similarly, only better with a more complex filling. I used 3 kinds of cheeses for the filling - ricotta, cream cheese and Pecorino Romano, which really worked well together with the spinach and artichoke. In fact, the filling was so good, I would make it separately and bake up as an appetizer to serve with bread, crudités, crackers or chips. So if it's good enough on it's own, it certainly can turn plain chicken into something fantastic!
Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
recipe adapted by Rachel Ray's Express Lane Meals

For Chicken:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4" - 1/2" thick
salt & pepper to taste or seasoning salt
garlic & onion powder to taste

For Filling:
1/2 10-oz box frozen spinach, drained & squeezed dry
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
1/2 14 ounce can artichoke hearts in water, drained & chopped
1-2 handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
Salt and black pepper
1/2 cup all purpose or GF flour
1/4 cup butter, melted


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Prepare your chicken by seasoning it to taste with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, garlic and/or onion powder (however you'd like).

For the filling, combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Place 1-2 heaping tablespoons on one end of each pounded chicken breast and carefully roll up the chicken with the filling inside. If some slips out the ends, no worries! Dredge the filled chicken breasts in flour and place on a lined baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter.

Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until juices run clear and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger