Home » » Nutella Swirl Muffins

Nutella Swirl Muffins

Chocolate & hazelnuts. Next to peanut butter, Nutella is right up there as being one of the best sweet things in a jar. In fact, it's a pantry staple in my kitchen and when I was organizing my pantry in my new home, it dawned on my that I have a jar of Nutella that needs to be played with. And with that, these Nutella Swirl Muffins came about. These were so easy to make, I wondered why I didn't make a larger batch to freeze for easy morning breakfasts or mid-day snacks. A light, vanilla muffin batter is carefully swirled with Nutella before baking up to delicious sweetness...

This was so easy to make and they were a hit for a coworker's birthday breakfast celebration. She happens to be a die hard Nutella fan and it was a no-brainer that these muffins would be something she's appreciate and enjoy. When I brought them to work, I gave one to my fellow gluten free buddy. She loved it... so much so that I made her another batch later that week so she could freeze them and have her fill of gf deliciousness. But aside from my gf friend enjoying them, the rest of the team who had one couldn't believe they were gluten free. Alas, it's another affirmation that baking gluten free doesn't have to taste bad!


Speaking of gluten free goodness, I'm competing in a local Chicago baking contest and would love your support! If you could please vote for my Caramel Apple Spice Cupcakes through Facebook {if you haven't already}, I would greatly appreciate it and would love to represent Chicago with these! 


Nutella Swirl Muffins
recipe adapted from Kirbie's Cravings
makes 15-18 standard muffins

3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (or 210 grams gluten free flour blend)
2 teaspoons baking power
1/4 
teaspoon salt
1/4 
teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup fat free milkteaspoon vanilla extract1/4 cup {heaping}Nutella

Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with baking cups and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg until combined. 
Add in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg, mixing to incorporate into a batter.
Add in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.

Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with batter.

Add a teaspoon of Nutella to each muffin cup and using a knife, swirl it around a few times  to stir in.
Bake muffins in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until center comes out clean when checked with a toothpick. Allow muffins to cool before serving.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger