Home » » Pineapple Sherbet

Pineapple Sherbet

This heat wave we're experiencing in Chicago {among other places around the country} is making me think about other cool treats to whip up. What's your go-to snack for crazy hot days? For me, anything I can get out of my ice cream maker would be up on my list. I've made quite a few ice cream recipes but it occured to me that I need to dabble a bit with sherbets, sorbets and the like. Since the heat has me feeling like I'm in the tropics, I reached for some fresh pineapple to make this Pineapple Sherbet. Cool, creamy and fruity with a little tartness, I think I've found my favorite way to enjoy pineapples this summer...


Sorbet, sherbet... what's the difference? For starters, sorbet uses water and sherbet uses milk as the main liquid to bring everything together. For this recipe, I used fresh, ripe pineapples. You can probably find a good deal on them in the summer and I find they have a brighter, more truer flavor than using canned pineapples. You'll want to cut up fresh pineapple and freeze them before using. This helps speed up the freezing process when the mixture of pineapple, sugar, extract and milk are churned in the ice cream maker. Feel free to play with this a bit with other fruits, making sure the fruit totals to no more than 2 cups frozen.

Pineapple Sherbet
recipe from Delish

2 cups frozen fresh pineapple chunks
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
2/3 cup whole milk

Combine pineapple, sugar, lemon extract and milk in a blender; puree until smooth. Chill the mixture for at least 2 hours.
Place mixture to the bowl of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. 

Transfer mixture to freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2-3 hours for flavors to meld.

To serve, leave sherbet out on counter for a few minutes to soften for easy scooping.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger