Home » » Peanut Butter & Honey Popcorn

Peanut Butter & Honey Popcorn

I'm going to have a hard time wiping this smile off my face... and I have a pretty good feeling it's not coming off anytime soon. Yes, it's due to someone I met recently. He's extremely handsome with gorgeous blue gray eyes. He's a man in uniform that's there to protect and serve. He's someone who won't hesitate calling me "beautiful", "gorgeous" and other sweet things multiple times every.single.day. How could I not be smiling?!  But most of all, he's a guy of substance. There's nothing more attractive than someone who has his priorities straight, that's responsible and well-rounded.

Since it's Friday, let's end it on a sweet note. This Peanut Butter & Honey Popcorn is a lot like my Mr. X - it's sweet with substance and a treat you can't get enough of. The combination of peanut butter and honey makes for a great coating on popcorn that isn't too cloyingly sweet or too sticky. In fact, it's just the perfect balance. Like Mr. X...

This recipe is from Delicious Meliscious. I participated in a recipe swap with a group of girlfriends and when I got Melissa's blog, I was thrilled! I had the pleasure of meeting Melissa and her husband several years ago when they were visiting Chicago one summer. Both are so sweet and I still remember enjoying their company over brunch at a cafe downtown. Fast forward a few years and they now have two ridiculously adorable children, Caitlin and Ryan. {Congratulations are in order since Melissa and Aaron welcomed their second child, Ryan, a couple of months ago!} I chose this recipe from Melissa's blog because at the time, I was looking for a quick snack. Microwave popcorn is fine on it's own, but when you jazz it up with common pantry ingredients like peanut butter and honey, you've got yourself a gourmet treat! I used microwave popcorn since it's what I had... but use whatever popcorn you'd like - stovetop, popcorn maker, storebought.


Peanut Butter & Honey Popcorn
recipe adapted from Delicious Meliscious
2 bags of microwave popcorn
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Pop a bag of microwave popcorn or prepare it on the stovetop/popcorn maker. Transfer the popcorn into a large bowl and set aside.

Combine the honey and sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat and let it come to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 2 minutes and then stir in the peanut butter until melted.  Stir in the vanilla.

Pour peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger