Home » , , , , , , , , , » ORANGE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES… and a Guest Post

ORANGE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES… and a Guest Post

SHARING


Here I am, surrounded by my own brand of mess, desk half straightened yet not quite, baking supplies lined up on the spare space allowed on a kitchen table not yet cleared of breakfast dishes, one too many writing projects awaiting my attention as the documents line up impatiently on my computer desktop. E-mails tap their hypothetical fingers and toes, arms crossed and annoyance glowing almost audibly as one, two, three more ask for my participation in this activity or that challenge, demanding immediate action. I love being solicited, I am fueled by writing projects, I am more than flattered by each request for help, yet how can I possibly take on more and more as disorderly as I am, as chaotic as is my life?

When I received a request from Anuradha to guest post on her blog Bakerstreet, I immediately said Yes!, very excited at having been asked, eager to support a fellow blogger. I have been twittering with her for quite some time and have always found her adorable, sweet, kind and generous, so of course I would say yes to whatever she asked of me. I have watched her tentative steps towards confirming her blog, and I feel somewhat like a mother supporting and cheering on a daughter. And something inside of me is still thrilled and filled with wonder when approached to lend a helping hand, advice or support. Yet when I step back and see all of my obligations, everything that I have collected around me and taken on, I wonder how I will ever find the time to do it all. And I wonder if indeed I am crazy…. (please click here to read the rest of the post and discover this fabulous recipe!)


This week, as Meeta, Jeanna, Ilva and I finish the last details which will forever close the Plate to Page Weimar workshop, a truly unforgettable weekend, and open up the next chapter as we begin organizing the second workshop in Tuscany, as JP and I plan our bicycle trip up the Canal Nantes-Brest, I will make this blog post short and sweet. Anuradha, a wonderful, kind friend, asked me to guest post on her lovely little blog, Bakerstreet. I immediately said yes, never doubting my excitement and pleasure in guest posting. As I pondered over what to write on this guest post, one thought kept popping into my head: the noise made about a certain food blogging workshop held in the US the same weekend as our Plate to Page workshop in Weimar. Many bloggers complained about being snubbed by “big” bloggers who seemed content to gather and remain amongst their own “special” clique, neither desiring nor needing the attention of the “lesser known” bloggers. I was stunned as I read one post after the next with the same criticism and disappointment bordering on disillusion. What are we if not a community? What I am as a blogger without my readers who read, support and encourage me? And with this thought about my own feelings on the subject, please dash on over to Anuradha’s blog to read the rest of my guest post and where you can find the recipe for these luscious, moist brownies: deep, dark chocolate infused with the kick of Grand Marnier and bitter orange marmalade, a match made in culinary heaven and a dessert at once homey, comforting, intriguing and sophisticated. Enjoy!


I also would like to share two other posts and recipes of mine:


Destination Dessert: From My Father’s Kitchen to My French Wedding Lunch on The Rambling Epicure. I share a family favorite, my dad’s recipe for Choux along with ideas and recipes on how to use Choux to make, among other things, Profiteroles and Pets-de-Nonne.


La Pinolata: My Italian Pine Nut Tart, certainly one of my family’s favorite desserts! My latest article and recipe on Huffington Post!


Don’t miss Weimar Impressions – the first Plate to Page workshop: photos from this our first P2P workshop, a rundown of the weekend’s activities as well as links to participants’ own write-ups of their experience at P2P on their own blogs.


And... (drum roll) coming soon to Twitter : Jamie & JP's Big Biking Adventure! Be sure to follow our travels, trials & tribulations as we make our way up the Canal Nantes-Brest on bicycle over the next week. With one change of clothes, a First Aid Kit, a camera and my sense of humor, I will be following in JP's wake, admiring the beauty of the landscape, the flora and fauna of the region, and grabbing a snack surreptitiously when I can. I have been promised the use of his iPhone (do I hear the word bribe?) so I can tweet with you along the way, giving up-to-the-minute details of our great adventure! Follow me at @lifesafeast and don't miss one single tweet!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger