Home » » A Weekly Serving - 4/2/2011

A Weekly Serving - 4/2/2011

This week definitely flew by! I hope you had a great week yourself. Here's my weekly musings on family, food, and fun...

Family - Joel is 47 weeks old this week and only 5 more weeks until he turns 1 year old... the countdown continues! This past week was really boring with not much to report. I haven't been feeling all that well and ended up going to see a doctor yesterday. That in itself was a debacle because I was sent all over the place between 2 counties and had to wait a day after my scheduled appointment before finally being seen. Without getting into too many details, I've been challenged with some health issues ever since I got pregnant and now even a year later, I'm still working to get back on track. It's affected a lot of different parts of my life so having the opportunity to see a doctor that can truly help me has been far from easy. I think I finally found one so I'm anxious to see what happens. A few tests were taken at my doctor's appt and I'm awaiting results to hopefully make sense of what's going on with my health. Crossing fingers it's good news and something that can be managed better.

Despite being sick, Joel still serves as the biggest joy in my life and the main reason why I smile everyday. He must have decided to cooperate with me this week and kept his shoes on! Here is my handsome little guy with his weekly photos...
 
 
 


Food/Restaurant News - Still no word on the restaurant at this point... however I've been busy with food stuff on my own. Earlier this week we hosted a special event in celebration of moving back to the city. It was great to see old friends, catch up and just enjoy entertaining in our home again. To make things fun, we also had a deep dish pizza showdown where friends did a blind tasting of Chicago's popular deep dish pizza chains. To find out who won, check out the full post complete with pictures!

I've also been busy getting What's Cookin, Chicago back on track with more culinary events planned. Instead of hosting 3-4 events a week like I used to, I'm easing my way back into my groove with 1 event a week. I'm really focused on keeping a good balance between my foodie life and family life so having just one event is a nice start. Because I need to keep my family's work and nap schedule in mind, I'm refraining from evening events and hosting them during the afternoons. My first event will start in 2 weeks so I'm looking forward to that! Some events I'm hosting include private cooking classes, themed potluck luncheons, food swaps, etc. So stay tuned!

Fun - It's been a low key week at our house, which is exactly what we want more of! Joel and I are looking forward to warmer weather so we can spend more time outdoors during the week. We did have a well needed playdate with Joel's buddy, Will. It was great to get together with our friends Megan and Matt so we could catch up, as well as have the boys play. If there's anything I'd love to do more is have more playdates for Joel so he can be around more children his age. Although, I'm happy that he's doing really well around adults!
 
 
 
 


Here's a roundup of what I cooked up in the kitchen this past week...





Hope you all enjoy your weekend and have a great week ahead!
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger