Home » » Strawberry Shortcakes

Strawberry Shortcakes

One of my favorite fruits is the mighty strawberry. I've always been a fan of them ever since my parents took me to a strawberry farm when I was a child. I recall going to the farm and grabbing a big basket (almost as big as me!) and filling it up with so many strawberries that I came home with a strawberry stained sundress... so worth it too! Sadly, that same strawberry farm has changed and instead of a farm, it's more like a strawberry patch. As I sit here reminiscing of those strawberry filled summer days, it dawned on me that I had some leftover sweet cream biscuits that I could use to make Strawberry Shortcakes with...
Strawberry Shortcakes are generally macerated strawberries and whipped cream paired with a sweet bread, be it a shortcake, scone, biscuit, etc. With the recent sale of strawberries lately, I've been stocking up on these berries to snack on and use in recipes. Why not make strawberry shortcakes too? The following recipe is pretty easy to do and feel free to use any shortcake/scone/biscuit recipe you'd like.

Strawberry Shortcakes

Sweet Cream Biscuits, split in half crosswise
1 pint fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar


Rinse the strawberries and pat dry. Hull and slice the strawberries then place in a large bowl. Add the granulated sugar and toss. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.


Prepare the fresh whipped cream by placing the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with the vanilla and confectioner's sugar. Using an electric hand mixer or your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the mixture until medium soft peaks form.

To serve, plate the bottom half of one biscuit. Top with a tablespoon of macerated strawberries and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Place the other half of the biscuit on top and add more strawberries and another dollop of fresh whipped cream.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger