Home » » Crunchy, Fruity Chicken Salad

Crunchy, Fruity Chicken Salad

Every once in a while I'll skim through recipes of favorite blogs and one will jump right at me, causing me to make it right away. This is one of those times. Perhaps it was because the recipe called for ingredients I have sitting around just waiting to be used... or maybe because I was intrigued by the combination of flavors, textures and drawn in by the pictures. Regardless of the reason, I'm so glad I made this Crunchy, Fruity Chicken Salad to bring some life to my plain old whole wheat bread...

I wasn't always a fan of chicken salad. With so many variations and some failed recipes I've tried, I eventually got turned off. But I've slowly built up my faith in finding a delicious chicken salad recipe that I'll come back to again and again. I think with Amy's recipe, I've found it! Her recipe for Crunchy, Fruity Chicken Salad caught my eye because it called for cashews, dried cranberries and a pinch of cayenne pepper... ingredients I don't always see in chicken salad recipes. The combination sounds delicious, not to mention her picture on her blog looked amazing and colorful.


Making it was pretty easy. Instead of a rotisserie chicken, I roasted some bone in chicken breasts I had. I also added garlic powder since I've been on a garlic kick lately. The result is a very delicious chicken salad that I think is a real keeper. Thanks to Amy for sharing her recipe and hope you give it a try too!

Crunchy, Fruity Chicken Salad
recipe adapted from Amy of Sing For Your Supper


3 small bone in chicken breasts, roasted, deboned and shredded
2 celery stalks, diced small
1/4 - 1/2 cup red grapes, sliced in half (add or decrease to your preference)
1/2 cup lightly toasted unsalted cashews
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
pinch cayenne pepper
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4-1/3 cup mayonnaise (start with 1/4 cup and see if you need more)



Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and taste for seasoning; chill until ready to serve.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger