Home » , , » Why I Find No Joy In Autism - Biting and Other Self Injurious Behavior

Why I Find No Joy In Autism - Biting and Other Self Injurious Behavior



Above are two pictures taken a short while ago. Conor came home from a great day at school. He sat at a computer as he often does to view some of his favorite sites which he has bookmarked. For some reason, slow loading pages perhaps, I am not sure, Conor became very frustrated with the computer, suffered a meltdown and began biting his hand.

There are those who argue we should find joy in autism, we should view our child's autism as part of who he is and not try to cure him of his autism or change his true autistic nature. To me such reasoning is absurd. Not just wrong but absurd. Self injurious behavior, such as the biting shown above is one major reason why I feel that the joy of autism philosophy is perverse nonsense.

My son is beautiful, in Conor I find great joy, but not in his autism, not in his self injurious behavior.

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger