My Love-ly Evening!




We watched the Cirque du Soleil show, Love, this evening at the Mirage. It was an amazing show full of color, lighting and exuded such beautiful musical prose.

After the show, we had a late dinner at Thomas Keller's restaurant, Bouchon.

From Dining in France:
Bouchon is modeled after the original bistro located in Yountville, California. Mark Hopper, Chef de Cuisine, oversees the kitchen and offers traditional French country fare with an emphasis on using the best fresh and seasonal ingredients. The raw bar serves a wide array of oysters-on-the-half-shell from both the west and east coasts. Bouchon has also been recognized for its innovative carafe program featuring wines made exclusively for the restaurant by top wineries from the Napa Valley.

One thing I was anxious about being here in Vegas was dining at Thomas Keller's restaurant, Bouchon. When my husband and I went to Napa Valley/Sonoma Valley last summer, we didn't get the chance to dine at Thomas Keller's French Laundry restaurant. So being able to check out Bouchon was the next best thing.

The Venetian writes:
"Bouchon offers authentic French bistro fare of a quality not to be found elsewhere in the United States. The restaurant features a magnificent French zinc bar, a vibrant mosaic floor and an outdoor patio for dining. The exquisite décor is the perfect setting for Bouchon’s culinary delights serving award-winning French cuisine. Flawlessly executed in every aspect, Bouchon delights both the palate and the eye, creating a singular dining experience of global proportions."

Unfortunately I did not take pictures of our meal, as I didn't think it would be appropriate. However I did find the following pictures online... along with a recipe!

I ordered Soupe a l'Oignon... which offered a great balance of rich beef broth, sweet onions topped wonderful cheese.
Next up was the Croque Madame... a toasted ham & cheese sandwich on brioche with a fried egg and mornay sauce; served with french fries. I know, you may be wondering why I ordered a ham & cheese sandwich of all things. Initially our plan was to dine at Bouchon for brunch where I would have ordered the Croque Madame. But since we were dining for dinner, I was surprised that the Croque Madame was also offered. So I ordered it based on the many raves I've heard of the dish. And just as I expected, it did not disappoint. It truly was the epitome of all ham & cheese sandwiches. The richness of the buttery brioche with the egg and mornay made this quite a special dish.

Ending on a sweet note, I had the vanilla filled beignets served with a decadent chocolate sauce and chocolate sorbet. Perfect. The lightness of the beignets paired with the creamy centers of vanilla cream were heavenly with cool smoothness of the sorbet.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger