Home » » Maple Pumpkin Waffles

Maple Pumpkin Waffles

I don't know about you, but I'm happy it's Thursday. This week has been crazy busy in the pharmacy and I've worked some long hours here and there. I'm going to need a vacation real soon if this keeps up! Thankfully the weekend is almost here and we've got some fun family time planned with friends. To finish off my breakfast fare I wanted to share, here's the last recipe for Maple Pumpkin Waffles. I made these as a food swap item for an event I hosted and attended last month. These waffles are full of pumpkin flavor with a hint of maple syrup cooked right in...


I finally found a solid waffle maker from the 1980's. I find that some appliances seems to have been built better years ago compared to their current, modern counterparts. The name of the waffle maker escapes me, but its all stainless steel, chrome and does an excellent job with waffles. The best thing? The waffle maker was a find at a local thrift store, where I only paid $2.99 for it. Score!!

These waffles are great for freezing and then toasting the morning you want to enjoy them. I plan on making quite a few waffles for my freezer to make breakfasts during the work week easier and faster!

Maple Pumpkin Waffles
recipe adapted from Cooking Light

1 cup all-purpose flour or GF flour blend
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3/4 cup 2% milk 
  • 1/4 maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
  • 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 
  • large egg, lightly beaten
  • Cooking spray
  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ground cloves and whisk together. 

  2. In an 8cup measuring cup, combine the milk, maple syrup, pumpkin filling, and egg. Stir to combine and slowly add to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to incorporate into a batter.

  3. Preheat your waffle iron and lightly coat with cooking spray. Pour in about 1/4 cup of batter per waffle onto hot waffle iron, spreading the batter to the edges. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until steaming stops; repeat procedure with remaining batter.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger