Home » » Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole

Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole

I'm a huge fan of appetizers - especially dips and chips. So when I came up with my Spicing Up the Holidays menu, I noticed I didn't have any type of chips & dip noted. In terms of coming up with something that could blend with the overall theme, I settled on tortilla chips and guacamole. Having the usual guacamole seemed too easy so I did some searching and came across this Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole recipe for a different twist. My guests loved this (as did I) and I was slightly disappointed that there weren't any leftovers for me to nosh on after the party lol. But no worries - this recipe was so easy, with pan roasting jalapenos, a garlic clove, onion and a tomatillo on the stovetop, then blending it all together before introducing the avocado and lime juice. This is definitely my favorite guacamole recipe and I'll definitely make this again come game day or even Superbowl Sunday!...

What's great about this recipe is that you can roast the vegetables and blend it all in advance before combining it with the avocados and lime juice. I wouldn't make it more than a day in advance so that all that smoky flavor from pan roasting doesn't get lost. Seriously, I need to stock up on more avocadoes just to have this guacamole readily available!

Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole
recipe from MyRecipes

  • or 2 fresh Jalapeños, stems removed, halved and seeded
  • 1/2 medium white onion, peeled 
  • garlic clove, peeled
  • tomatillo, papery skin removed, cut into quarters
  • avocado, peeled and cut into chunks 
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice or so to taste
  • 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, finely chopped 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt or so to taste


  • In a large, unoiled frying pan over medium heat, pan-roast the Jalapeños, onion, garlic, and tomatillo on all sides, 20 to 25 minutes total.

    In a blender, whirl the vegetables with 1/4 cup water until blended but still chunky. Add avocado and lime juice; pulse until blended. Add cilantro and salt, pulse to combine, and add more salt and/or lime juice to taste.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger