Home » » Turkey Club Panini w/Garlic Herb Mayo

Turkey Club Panini w/Garlic Herb Mayo

Pretty much anything can be placed in between two slices of bread to make a good sandwich - what's your favorite? For me, I enjoy quite a few kinds of sandwiches and even though I'm gluten free, I'm not going to let that stop me from eating the same kind of sandwiches I had before. Panini or toasted sandwiches are always good and with so many gluten free bread options these days, it's not hard to toast one up. I recently broke in my new Calphalon 5 in 1 Removable Plate Grill and made this Turkey Club Panini with Garlic Herb Mayo. This sandwich is stuffed with turkey, crisp bacon, melted colby jack cheese, cool lettuce and tomato and a  garlic herb mayonnaise that adds that extra creamy touch of flavor...

Turkey day is just around the corner so if you love leftover turkey as much as I do, you'll want to make some sandwiches to gobble up. This recipe is quick and easy, it is a turkey sandwich afterall, but the garlic herb mayo certainly adds something special. I found it's best to make the mayo a day ahead for flavors to meld. To accompany my sandwich, I served up some baked rosemary and parmesan potato wedges.

Oh, a just a note on the awesomeness of my Calphalon 5 in 1 Removable Plate Grill... It really is amazing. I love that I can use it as a grill press, griddle press, flat grill, flat griddle and combination grill/griddle. It cleans up easily and the plates are removable and dishwasher safe! This is one kitchen essential I have on my counter at all times because I use it so often. {And for those that are already starting to think of great holiday gifts, definitely put this on your list - for yourself or your favorite foodies!}


Turkey Club Panini with Garlic Herb Mayo
recipe adapted from MyRecipes
1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup loosely packed, shredded basil leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
24 slices white sandwich bread {gluten free}
1 pound thinly sliced roast turkey breast 
1 large tomato, cut into 16 thin slices
16 slices of cheese {colby jack}
16 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, cooled 
8 large romaine lettuce leaves, cut in half widthwise
Cooking spray

Stir together mayonnaise, basil, parsley, thyme and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.

Making one sandwich at a time, spread some herb mayonnaise on 1 side of 2 slices of bread. Layer 2 slices of turkey, 2 slices of bacon, 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of tomato and 1 lettuce leaf on 1 piece of toast, and top with a second slice of bread, mayonnaise side down. Spray the sandwich with cooking spray on top and bottom.

Place sandwich in a grill pan over medium high heat or panini press {set at 350 degrees}and lightly press sandwich down, cooking on both sides until toasted.  and cut in half diagonally. Repeat to make remaining sandwiches.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger