Home » » Chocolate Chip & Butterscotch Scone Bites

Chocolate Chip & Butterscotch Scone Bites

 
Eureka! I am back in baking business! Thanks to my friend Shauna of Gluten Free Girl & The Chef, I finally have a gluten free flour blend that works for all of my general baking needs (cookies, brownies, muffins, quick breads, etc.). I'm ridiculously excited about this because I've been doing without these sweet treats since packaged versions were pretty disappointing and buying prepared GF mixes were starting to break my bank. But alas, I no longer need to worry or think twice about baking a gluten laden recipe. In fact, these Chocolate Chip & Butterscotch Scone Bites were one of the recipes I quickly jumped to make using the GF flour mix and they came out wonderfully. Chockful of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and chopped walnuts, I can enjoy {delicious!} pastries with my cup of coffee once again...

There was no question I would like these scones. When I saw them on Nikki's blog, I knew I had to make them. Instead of the usual scone size and shape, I opted to make these into mini scones so I can try some portion control (which may or may not have worked lol). They're perfect with coffee and the combination of chocolate and butterscotch is a sure win!

Chocolate Chip & Butterscotch Scone Bites
recipe adapted from Pennies on a Platter
2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour blend + 1 teaspoon xanthan gum)
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (8 Tbsp) chilled salted butter, diced small
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp milk or cream for brushing on scones
raw sugar for sprinkling on scones


Preheat oven to 375˚F.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper unless using a baking stone.

In a large bowl blend the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda with a pastry cutter. Add the pieces of butter and blend until the flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add the butterscotch and chocolate chips. Stir in the buttermilk just until the dough come together, making sure not to over mix (because it will make the scones tough).

Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and form the dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.

Score the dough into 12 even squares - 4 across, 3 rows down. Cut out each square and then cut each square into 2 triangles to create a scone bite.

Place the scone bits onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with milk or cream and sprinkle on the raw sugar.

Bake in the preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger