Home » » The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2011!

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2011!

It's raining cookies up in my kitchen! This holiday season has been quite a delicious one with all the various cookie swaps I participated in. The most recent was the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Hosted by the lovely ladies from Love and Olive Oil and The Little Kitchen, they coordinated quite a sweet feat of pairing each participating food blogger with 3 others to swap cookies. Everyone received one dozen cookies from each person they were paired with and today is the big reveal of our stash and recipes!
I received the following cookies from some wonderful food bloggers. I should have indicated that I was gluten free when I signed up, but I was so eager to participate, it didn't matter. There's never a problem finding folks to eat up cookies around here! Of the three kinds of cookies I received, I was thrilled one was gluten free. As for the others, I snuck in a little nibble before sharing them with my husband. Below are the cookies I received along with the amazing bloggers who sent them. Please click on their blog links for their cookie recipes!

Cranberry Chocolate Almond Biscotti
from Lisa of The Splattered Apron
I had a small piece which I dipped into some coffee. I loved how the chocolate melted slightly and how all the flavored worked so well! Thank you Lisa for such a delicious start to my day!

Molasses Ginger Cookies
from Rachel of Little Chef Big Appetite
These cookies had a lovely, soft texture with a perfect balance of sweet molasses and spicy ginger. These were especially delicious with a hot cup of earl gray tea. Thank you Rachel for these tasty cookies!
Zimsterne
from Kelly of The Culinary Enthusiast
These cookies were gluten free and I didn't hesitate eating one right away. Made with almond meal, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and honey, these were wonderful. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of these cookies because once I opened up the package, my family and I ate these up. Thank you Kelly for these gluten free treats!

So now that I covered what I received, here's what I sent to fellow food bloggers. I jumped the gun and actually posted the recipe last week but I'll post them again. I made my holiday favorite, Crinkle Cookies. (You can read the personal background about these cookies in the link...). As for who I made them for, I was assigned the following food bloggers for the swap, who received an assortment of Crinkle Cookies I made:
This year I made 4 kinds of crinkle cookies using 4 different cake mixes - Devil's Food, Caramel, Apple Spice and Carrot Cake. Each one came out beautifully and friends loved them. I'm pretty sure my co-workers will enjoy them too! Feel free to use whatever cake mix flavor you prefer... but Devil's Food is definitely my favorite. I haven't tried this recipe using any gluten free cake mixes but I plan to. If you happen to give it a try with a gluten free cake mix, please let me know how they came out!

Crinkle Cookies
recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

1 box cake mix of your choice
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, oil and eggs. Mix together with a wooden spoon until fully combined.

Shape dough into 24 evenly sized balls.

Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl and roll the dough balls in the sugar to coat.

Place the powdered balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes to set.

Remove from oven and allow to rest for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger