Home » , , » Quick dinner on a crazy night...

Quick dinner on a crazy night...


***(Ignore the funny type and boxes - blogger seems to have a mind of it's own today!!!)

My meals are starting to develop a bit of a pattern I am finding. I can never remember what I had planned to make so I end up winging it at the last minute. Thank goodness. Because some of the things I have been turning out have been pretty good! It guess it doesn't hurt when you have a fridge full of fresh produce that needs to be used up before it goes bad????

Last night was another of those nights. I had bought some poblano peppers so that I could make "Arroz Verde con Poblanos" from Ramblings of a Frantic Cook. I also knew that I wanted to cook up the fresh boat shrimp that I had bought the other day at the market and roast some of the zucchini and summer squash. How could I pull this altogether so I didn't have such a mishmashed meal????

Well, Franice's rice was what I tied it all together. That rice was delicious. There is not much of a recipe to it but what it turns into is light and wonderfully fresh tasting (all about fresh tasting right now!). I sauteed up the shrimp and at the last minute decided to throw in some fresh jalapeños, sliced up real fine and added near the end. In the meantime I sauteed up some zucchini, summer squash, onion, garlic and eggplant in some olive oil.

Arroz Verde con Poblanos

3 Poblano peppers (seeded and membrane removed)
2 cups of warm chicken stock
bunch of cilantro
1 cup rice
1 onion (chopped)
2 Tbs olive oil
salt and pepper


In a blender mix the peppers, chicken stock and cilantro. In a small pan cook the onion in the olive oil. When the onion is cooked add the chicken stock, pepper and cilantro and heat to a boil. Add the rice. Allow to simmer covered for 20-25 minutes. (Francie has some great pictures on her blog so go check them out!)

This was a great, fresh tasting meal and when I looked at my plate on the table I realized what I had done. Almost every single thing on my plate had been grown locally , but for the rice, and the shrimp is a sustainable resource caught by small time, local fishermen!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy

www.nofearentertaining.com

Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger