Home » , » Fresh boat shrimp and a fresh salad!

Fresh boat shrimp and a fresh salad!

Shrimp grilled on a skewer with a nice fresh salad!

Dinner here is still sort of shaky. My oldest daughter is still home recovering from her hive episode. There are no new ones coming out but the ones that she had that had opened are still opening and I am so afraid of her getting an infection in it that I would rather keep her home with me. Needless to say my days are kind of screwy! T. has also been sick with some crazy virus that we thought was pneumonia! He did go to the Doctor yesterday and he said that he would only feel like crap for another 3 weeks of so???!!! Wooo hooo...boy sometimes life is fun???

Anyway last night I was not letting anyone get in the way of my dinner. I made it all ahead of time and all T. had to do while I was at Karate was to cook the shrimp (fresh shrimp that I have been getting from the farmer's market. The shrimp come directly off of the boat that the guys have been out in all night! It doesn't get much fresher than that!) on the grill. All I did with the cleaned shrimp was to skewer them and add salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and a little coating of oil so they didn't stick to the grill.

For the salad I made a vinaigrette dressing using some of the fresh basil and Greek oregano that we have growing in boxes. I really just went by taste but I used red wine vinegar (start with about 1/3 cup and taste to see if it has enough vinegar for your taste), regular vinegar, oil (use about 1/2 cup), 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp dry mustard and fresh herbs. I let this sit at room temperature until dinner so all the flavors could blend together. I also added a can of garbanzo beans to the salad. They add a little bit more to a nice light meal!

As Always...

Happy Entertaining!!!

Judy
www.nofearentertaining.com
Share this article :

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

Labels

أحدث المواضيع

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. Entries General - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger